Friday, March 20, 2009

Google- Eric Carle-style...

It's the 40th Anniversary of The Very Hungry Caterpillar so in celebration Google did a little adjustment to their logo. I have to admit, Sadie didn't really take to the book. She actually found it more fun to rip it apart than to read it. I guess she's more of a Curious George kind of kid. But if YOU are an Eric Carle fan, you should check out the Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art. Or you can see it in person in Amherst, Massachusetts. I've mentioned it before on this blog, but there aren't many museums devoted specifically for Children's Books or their fantastic artwork. It doesn't focus just on Eric Carle, but has the artwork of many of the children's illustrators that you remember from your childhood. Personally, I just love looking around their Online Shop.

2 comments:

  1. I'm coming over from Blog Stalkers Unite, asking for your help. I am in the running for a round trip airfare paid ticket to Connecticut, to meet a friend I became acquainted with through blogging. She is a super fun person and is holding this contest. I entered a funny story titled "Grapejuice Floaties, Now Marry Me." The person whose story receives the most votes will win a trip to meet this generous lady, whom I'm hoping to meet. The voting ends tomorrow I believe. I am ahead for now but there is a story coming up from behind out of nowhere and I would so, so, appreciate your help. Her blog is www.becausemomsaidso.blogspot.com and the voting is on the sidebar on the right. "Grapejuice, Floaties" Just go there and cast a vote for me, please. Thanks so much-you're awesome! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Sadie's Mom...I wanted to respond to your comment on my blog about Historically Accurate Math. You said...."

    As a person who hates math, but loves social studies... you made math bearable. And that's actually a cool way to explain the imperialistic train wreck that eventually became today's social nightmarish Congo. You are such a good teacher."

    And I wanted to say...Thank you so so so much! I don't hear that very much and it gets a little discouraging. Funny how 16-year-olds forget to say things like that. =) I think it is so cool that you work at the Smithsonian. It is a place I have always wanted to visit as long as I could spend DAYS there. I used to subscribe to the Smithsonian magazine, but had to let my subscription lapse this year due to money issues. Thanks for stopping by the blog, I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

Field Notes and Observations by other Sassy Anthropologists...