Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I'm hiring...

... an Elf for our shelf. I know the recession has hit everyone hard and elves are probably the first to get laid off. Santa is being ruthless this year. There are rumors that Rudolph might be let go, which is bad because then he won't have insurance to get that glowing tumor removed from his nose. Mrs. Claus is only giving sugar cookie bonuses this year, which is making everyone cranky.

But really, I do need to hire an Elf for the simple reason that the one at Nana and Poppy's house has been really useful in keeping Sadie in line. He keeps an eye on her, and she knows that the Elf will report back to Santa if she's naughty. It's a win-win situation. So, I'm taking resumes and there will likely be a lengthy interview process to make sure we get the right kind of Elf. Not like Buddy. Our house can't handle that kind of chaos.



Right now, I don't think I can even handle Sadie throwing the Baby Jesus across the room like last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Field Notes and Observations by other Sassy Anthropologists...